I have been a spiritual teacher since 2010, and I’ve learned a lot since then. I have yet to find “energy.” What I have found are unnamed subconscious emotional and physical responses. These include:
- General unresolved emotions
- Forgotten ego associations
- Excessive stress
- Poor lifestyle habits, and many other explainable human experiences
Please read this post with this in mind. What matters most is that you get the right support, not that you just believe in an idea like “energy.” The first step for everyone is to do inquiry to make known what may seem mysterious. These two posts can help you do the inquiry you need to do:
Additionally, I recommend watching this 2023 video.
I want to be clear from the get-go that I’m speaking specifically to those of you who are healing or are in the awakened shift, which has lots of inner shifts that demand your full energy and attention. This isn’t meant as a way to self-diagnose all diseases. When I talk about energy sickness, I’m talking about how we can feel sick and even have some symptoms from being energetically depleted. This can also happen during healing cycles when old unconscious pain is releasing out of our emotional, energetic, and physical bodies. Depending on the toxicity of what was stored in subtle or not-so subtle layers, you can get pretty sick for a little while.
The great news (especially for those skeptics out there) is that this entirely testable. If you just have a cold and not what I would term as a type of energy sickness, a half hour of meditation will do virtually nothing. In which case, you go put on the tea kettle to make another cup of tea and go back to bed. If you are energetically sick, then doing energy work or getting energy healing has very marked if not dramatic results that can erase the symptoms.
On another note, if you’re new to me and my spiritual teaching, you can sign up for my free newsletter on this link:
With that said, let’s get into this topic, which is probably brand new for many of you. At the bottom of this post, I have more links to help you go into a deeper dive on energy.
What Is Energy Sickness?
Energy sickness arises when we get off-balance, out-of-alignment, or otherwise energetically drained past our system’s ability to self regulate. If someone is out-of-alignment for long periods of their lives, other chronic illnesses and diseases can arise. However, I am only speaking towards energy sickness in regards to healing and awakening shifts.
Energy sickness can have these signs:
- Low energy and no energy to do anything
- Cold like systems (runny nose, cough, etc.)
- Feeling cold and shivering
There are probably lots more ailments because we are energy, but these are the ones I’ve experienced and seen in others. In cycles of healing, all kinds of upset physical symptoms may arise as something is released. But as I’ve repeatedly stated, if something is healing, after the healing, the individual feels lighter, clearer, and more at peace with themselves. If you don’t feel this way, then it was some other kind of illness. And while I don’t want to get into anything too theoretical about the nature of illness and disease (they are part of this world, and it doesn’t mean we are doing anything wrong to get sick), it’s important to be able distinguish between genuine physical illness and energetic shifts/clearings.
6 Techniques for Addressing Energy Sickness
Now the great news is that if you are energetically drained potentially to the point of being sick, you can easily test this. By doing some kind of energy re-charge of your choosing, you can find out pretty quickly if this is an energy low or if you really are sick. Here are a couple of ways to find out:
- Meditate. A half hour of meditation and focused breathing sometimes is all you need. It can feel like magic just how quickly you can respond to being in quiet presence. Aligning the spine is important here as energy can flow naturally that way, and if something had been cut off, that alignment will naturally resolve it.
- Meditate with energy visualizations. If visualizations work for you, then you can imagine connecting to the divine and to the Earth and drawing in energy from the divine. You can breathe into each energy center in your body as a way to replenish them. If one energy center feels particularly low, then you may focus more time there to help re-charge.
- Listen to sound healing. The beauty of online video sites is that you can access sound healing at any time day or night. This is a wonderful way to receive from “another” without needing to contact anyone specifically. There are all kinds of frequencies and meditations to experiment with, and I can only encourage you to trust your inner knowing to find what works for you.
- Find an energy healer. If the above techniques work but do not last, then I recommend finding an energy healer who is right for you. There are all kinds of types of healing (Reiki, craniosacral therapy, the meridian system from Chinese medicine, and so forth), so spend time to see what works for you. The added support here can help you clear any blocks and help you to see how you’re continuing to go back out of alignment and re-creating the sickness.
- Work with a spiritual teacher. Let me be clear that not all spiritual teachers work this way, but those of us who do understand energy can be helpful if the benefits of the above four are only temporary. With a spiritual teacher, you can discover the deeper mental, emotional, energetic, and physical blocks that keep draining you and putting you back into energy sickness.
- Yoga Nidra. Also thanks to the Internet, a person can find all sorts of yoga nidra guided meditations to drop into an even deeper and more re-charging state of rest.
Reasons for Continuing Energy Sickness
Once again, I can’t emphasize enough that you have to see if energy work helps. If it significantly helps, then you can move towards the conclusion that you have energy sickness. This world is a sticky, tangled place, so everything is intertwined. We have to be conscious not to run to conclusions and rule out the possibility of an actual physical ailment that may simply be part of our spiritual path and that requires Western medicine.
However, if there are deeper unresolved issues inside of someone, those can create all kinds of disturbances. Obviously, trauma is one of those things that throws off someone’s balance, but there are many kinds of upsetting issues people hold onto. Furthermore, there is a lot of suffering caused by our deepest illusions, like the illusion that we are separate. In general, the unconscious self can cause a huge amount of suffering, and resolving the psychological, emotional, and physical imbalances that are linked to old attachments, pain, and trauma can resolve a lot of what people may think is an energy imbalance when it really is something more tangible.
Thus, you may need to find a therapist, health practitioner, or other type of healer to help deal with the true problem. When the true problem is addressed, the “energy imbalance”–if there even is one–takes care of itself.
Enhanced Energetic Sensitivities
One of the things that does not go away is being energetically sensitive. The more we heal and dissolve the old ego, the more sensitive we tend to become. That means we are more aware of how life is flowing and where there is supportive energy and where spaces are depleting. This clarity allows us to set appropriate energetic boundaries, but along with that, we continue to do our work to notice where ego issues create suffering and the sense of sickness. We never blame the environment or other people first. We always looks to ourselves, and in so doing, we better understand our sensitivities as well as our strengths.
Being energetically sensitive is not a weakness. In fact, it is a wonderful gift that allows us to see and respond to deeper energetic movements in life and relationships that others never see. In so doing, we can find a level of deep harmony and flow that fits and suits us best. When we do that, we naturally find energy support that replenishes us and allows us to stay healthy, vibrant, and loving.
Here are some more posts on dealing with feeling energetically drained:
Discovering Unconscious Associations and Feelings (This is a must read!)
For some more thoughts about energy and how to correctly interpret it, please enjoy this video: