Almost no one is ready to properly understand spiritual freedom. Again and again, I’ve had people come to me unprepared, and this class (subsequent classes) is meant to help prepare you for something that makes no sense to the dominant Western belief system.
In short, we live in a time where the dominant Western Society message is that everyone can have everything all the time. It is obviously a lie, but it is so pervasive that most people subconsciously believe it. And it infects everything, including spirituality.
Letting go of ego/realizing spiritual freedom is so fundamentally different than trying to have everything that people legitimately need help before they can really start this path much less work well with a spiritual freedom teacher like myself or someone else. So this introduction to spiritual freedom class is meant to help you get pointed or re-pointed in the right direction (the latter for long-time spiritual seekers).
What follows is a longer explanation about the class, suggested donation amount, format, etc. If you already know you want to be a part of this class and you aren’t already signed up for my newsletter, you can sign up here. I’ll announce the first class in the coming weeks through the newsletter.
In general, all my announcements for new students, mentees, classes, small group discussions, webinars, interviews, and other things will primarily go through my newsletter.
Spiritual Freedom Class Description
Who should come to this class?
- Anyone interested in working with me.
- Anyone interested in the path to spiritual freedom.
- Any long-time spiritual seeker humble enough to be ready for a spiritual reset.
I want to be clear that going to this class DOES NOT GUARANTEE that I’d take you on as a one-on-one student, but it’s very clear by the emails I get that many people don’t understand what I’m pointing towards and that they need a primer before one-on-one work.
Why should you come to this class?
- To better understand what spiritual freedom is.
- To better understand why you should even want freedom
- To better understand how to work with a spiritual freedom teacher
- To better understand the role of inner work
- To better understand what is inner work and what is avoidance or the trap of self improvement
Here are some blog posts to help you more with this path to freedom.
The Big Spiritual Sham
Spiritual freedom is about realizing oneness and being able to surrender to life as it is.
However, most other spiritual paths are focused on giving things to you like safety, happiness, healing/health, and/or a combination of some or all of the three. More specifically, some spiritual people and/or traditions offer
- dream jobs,
- all the money you want,
- lasting health (not getting sick and dying),
- having all your issues fixed/healed,
- salvation/safety, and many other things.
This is a result of that belief I mentioned earlier about getting everything you want, and this is the big spiritual sham of our time.
All those things are temporary and/or illusory things. Focusing on them tends to enhance our ideas of individuality and separation and bury our deeper ego attachments and insecurities. This continues suffering. Until you really see this lie in popular spirituality, you’ll find yourself spending thousands of your local currency and countless hours trying to attain things that are temporary.
Is there anything wrong with this?
But it’s not freedom. And your success will not last.
Furthermore, you’ll be totally confused when I talk about losing stuff–like attachments to happiness, safety, and health/healing. You’ll be confused by a lot of things because I’m not operating in this transactional quasi-spiritual world–I don’t have anything to give you; I’m just pointing you towards the truth which you have equal access to as I do.
Why Have a Teacher?
If you are already free, then you don’t need a teacher.
This is true.
This question of why even have a teacher is something that I’ll also address. One of the big reasons is that human beings are creatures of habit. Left to our own devices, we primarily repeat the same ways of thinking over and over again.
There are other reasons for having a teacher as well that I can talk about.
Specifics of the Gatherings
Here are some of the specifics of how the gathering would work.
- Have a class of around 10 people
- Meet online via Google Hangouts (this online video chat service is free)
- Meet for 1 hour and 1/2
- Most of the class will be a lecture style
- There will be around 1/2 hr for people’s questions
- The suggested donation is 50 USD for those who can afford it. For everyone else, it is whatever fits your budget. Please don’t donate until after we spoken together and you’ve gone through the enrollment process. Signing up for my newsletter is NOT the enrollment process. That comes later.
- Meet on a Sunday at 12:30 PM Pacific Time (to account for work schedules and multiple time zones)
If you have questions about this class, I’m happy to answer them.
Once again, if you’re interested and aren’t on my free newsletter, you can sign up below. I’ll send out a specific newsletter when I’m ready to enroll people in the class.
In love and kindness,