In my time as a spiritual teacher and as someone paying attention to people on the spiritual path for a lot of years, I’ve seen some really crazy things. I mean really CRAZY things. But one of the crazier things is simply this:
People deny their own spiritual experiences.
Now, I’m not talking about some of the bat-shit crazy delusions people have about unicorns, demons, and that stuff.
I’m talking about realizing:
- You aren’t just your body.
- Your mother is dying of her cancer.
- Your children are not yours–they are the property of themselves and the universe.
- Your partner is breaking your monogamy agreement.
- Your partner is breaking the polyamorous agreement you have.
- You cannot change your past.
- You are only ever here now.
As you can see, there are a lot of types of experiential realizations, and many times, people deny them. They deny their own experiences because they don’t like them, are scared of them, feel like their whole world is about to change and don’t want it to change, and other reasons.
This denial stops a person’s spiritual evolution in its tracks, and it’s the craziest thing because this is their own experience! It’s not something someone told them or something that they are trying to believe. They experienced this realization, and they are denying it.
And this happens ALL THE TIME.
For more help getting out of ego delusion, you can go further on this topic with these posts:
If you want more support on your path, I encourage you to consider coming to one of my online classes. You can find out more information about the classes here: